- Was pretty sure I was going blind due to a whole slew of alarming eye symptoms (a “floater,” EYE PAIN, double vision, flashing lights, headaches). And not blind as in “can’t see well,” but blind as in “can’t see AT ALL.” Google is such a helpful tool for hypochondriacs. So I went to the ophthalmologist and they told me my retinas aren’t detaching but that I do have severe eyestrain. But yay! Not going blind! This is cause for celebration.
- Also thought I had diabetes. Still do a little, actually. There is no real rationale behind this, save for some excessive thirstiness and fatigue.
- Cautionary Husband got laid off. This is a bummer. He’s been trying to help me out by running errands and watching Cautionary Dog during the day, and I caught myself thinking a few days ago that he could go to the eye doctor for me. Maybe what I really need to get examined is my BRAIN.
- Wrote a check for $4,500 to the IRS two days ago. This is, indeed, a mini-crisis for my firmly liberal self. And is what’s referred to, I believe, as taking it up the ass.
- The possum came back, greeting me by sniffing around six inches from MY HEAD when I was lying on the floor watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force. My best friend and my brother were there, so I mostly stood in the hallway and freaked out (under the pretense of detaining Cautionary Dog) while they got it outside using only a mixing bowl and a record. The next day Cautionary Husband found it dead behind my apartment.
- Can cuss again without feeling guilty, and I’m grateful for this. But trying to give it up for 40 days has had unexpected repercussions. Namely, I now say “crap” when something terrible/unexpected/painful/infuriating/accidental happens. Like I’m twelve years old or something.
- Want Love in the Time of Cholera to never end. So good. So so so good. And thanks for all the great recommendations. I’ve already read a few of them (y’all know me so well), but I’ll definitely check the others out.
- Still don’t really know what the hell I’m doing.
- Missing writing.
A commenter on my previous post had the great idea of my readers asking me questions to prompt some posts, and a few have already asked some good ones. I wanted to open up the floor to everyone and invite you to ask me anything. About anything. I’ll try to answer all of the questions as honestly as I can in upcoming posts.